사이트 내 전체검색

Diversity Internship

Diversity Internship

Diversity Internship, 2021 Freshman Welcoming Project

21-03-18 09:20

페이지 정보

작성자 관리자 작성일21-03-18 09:20 조회176회 댓글0건

본문

030c1e7bf770e369aab3180314f063b5_1651796382_2943.jpgFrom December 10, 2020, to March 10, 2021, an flyer to support freshmen was produced by the Diversity Council with the support of three interns who completed the 3rd term of the Diversity Internship. This flyer includes information on how to navigate virtual college life and the diversity internship activities. This was distributed to a total of 3,450 freshmen from 88 departments and colleges (including international students). The freshmen were instructed to pick up the promotional materials and souvenirs from each respective department office. With hopes that the materials would support students’ lives amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, here are the epilogues by the interns that participated in the production of the materials.

Lee Dayoung (College of Education, 19) It was an extremely busy yet delightful winter while I took part in the Freshman Welcoming Project. Though I am still acquainting myself to the university, I did my best to produce a promotional material filled with diversity-centered principles in hopes to support the freshmen that would soon be accustomed to the campus. During the production process, I was able to survey many aspects of inclusive diversity efforts in the school that I had not thought about, such as vegan cafes, restaurants, and information support for students with disabilities. It also was an opportunity for me to look back and contemplate on how we could improve insufficient areas and how we can be improved to become a campus that respects the value of diversity. I am proud of the end product, and I hope it will be helpful, not only to freshmen, but also to many people who need information about the school.

Lee Dayeon (College of Business Administration, 19) Making a map of Gwanak campus, as a part of the Diversity Council activity that I participated for one semester, was an opportunity to reconsider the preciousness of what I thought was a very ordinary daily life, while I had not visited the campus over a year due to the virtual class environment. By creating materials for freshmen, I was able to rediscover and look back on the diversity practices of Seoul National University. I was proud of myself when I saw the final booklet with a splendid design. The booklet was created from dozens of words filled on files from brainstorming sessions, and I was grateful to be a part of the project team members who worked hard together. I hope the booklet we made could help other students contemplate the value of ‘diversity’ in college and society!

Lee Seung-Yoon (College of Liberal Studies, 20) The process of collecting data from institutions and communities on campus, such as calling the administration office, was not easy, but nevertheless, I am proud to think that I had a rewarding holiday. We hope that the booklet we have created will provide useful information to freshmen as well as current students. I hope that Seoul National University will become a place where all members can be respected for who they are.

Map

Korean Map (어서와, 서울대는 처음이지?)

English Map (SNU Gwanak for New Students)

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.