사이트 내 전체검색

Campus Activities

Campus Activities

2021 Diversity Council Exhibition of Recommend Books “Reading Diversity”

21-05-19 09:41

페이지 정보

작성자 관리자 작성일21-05-19 09:41 조회181회 댓글0건

본문

To commemorate the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development (May 21, 2022), the Diversity Council held a Diversity Book Recommendation Contest in March and selected books from the recommendations to hold a book concert with the author. This will provide an opportunity to reflect on the culture of respect and awareness within the SNU community. Through these annual events, which mark its third anniversary, the SNU community was able to contemplate the value and meaning of diversity.

A total of 85 entries were received for the Diversity Book Recommendation Contest, which was held from March 22 to April 11, 2021. Based on a standard criterion, such as personal reflections, and the reason to recommend the book, the Diversity Council Sub-council for Education & Promotion selected 45 recommendations after three rounds of blind screenings. Among them, 41 books were displayed at the Diversity Council’s book fair ‘Reading Diversity’, except for books that were already recommended by the Diversity Council, or other in campus institutions. Meanwhile, with one of the exhibited books, a book concert was held with the author, Eunyu, of The Death of an Unknown Child.

‘Reading Diversity’, a recommended book exhibition co-hosted by the SNU Library and the Diversity Council, was held from May 20 to June 18, 2021, at the book cafe on the second floor of the SNU Library for about one month. Books are displayed so that they can be read on-site, and promotional materials with the exhibition’s complete book recommendation list, the reason for recommendations, and the name of the recommender were also placed. In addition, 8 books that were not available in the SNU Library were donated so that the books could be accessible to the SNU community at any time after the book fair was over.

Positive feedbacks were received from those that attended the book exhibition. These are the few of the many feedbacks received; ‘Various members of Seoul National University were able to participate since diversity has been a common concern of the present day. (Undergraduate/*won Jin)’, ‘There are a lot of interesting books, and I like the fact that there is a book list prepared. I don't have to take pictures of each book I want to read (graduate/*Ju Park), ‘It was good to have books that were not just focused on underprivileged groups but included topics of diversity in various fields. (Researcher/*hun Lee). Also, some suggestions were found. These are the examples, ‘I hope the exhibitions could include student participations in the future (undergraduate/*hee Kim)’, ‘I wish there were more events where we could meet the authors (undergraduate/*hee Park)’.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.